May 11, 2018
$3.12 Million raised at last year’s gala!
• 13th Anniversary of the Dick Vitale Gala – one of Sarasota’s signature events
• At the beautiful Ritz-Carlton Sarasota
• More than 900 attendees, including celebrities from the world of sports and entertainment, are expected to attend again this year.
• For more information visit www.dickvitalegala.org or call Mary Kenealy Events at (941) 350-0580
SNN’s coverage is brought to you by:
THE V FOUNDATION
- Founded in 1993 by the late North Carolina State Basketball Coach and ESPN commentator Jim Valvano
- The V Foundation has funded more than $200 million in cancer research grants nationwide since 1993
- 100% of cash donations to The V Foundation go to research and related programs thanks to an endowment that covers administrative expenses
- Grants are awarded through a peer review process and strictly supervised by a scientific advisory committee
- For more information on The V Foundation visit www.jimmyv.org
THE COST OF PEDIATRIC CANCER
- Cancer is the leading cause of death by disease among U.S. children between infancy and age 15
- Cancers found in children are biologically different than those seen in adults
- Only 4% of federal government cancer research goes to pediatric cancer research according to the Coalition Against Childhood Cancer
- Every day, approximately 250 kids around the world die from cancer.
- On average, pediatric hospitalizations for cancer cost almost five times as much as hospitalizations for other pediatric conditions.
- Pediatric cancer is not one disease. It is made up of more than 12 major types and over 100 subtypes.