SARASOTA – The First Watch Sarasota Half Marathon and Relay begins today 6:45 A.M. until 11 P.M.
According to the Sarasota Police Department, the start and finish line is at the Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall. Due to the race participants sharing the roadway along the race route, there will be temporary lane closures at the following locations:
- Southbound US 41 from University Park to Gulfstream Avenue
- Westbound University Parkway at US 41
- Gulfstream Avenue/ John Ringling Blvd at US 41
- Westbound Jon Ringling Blvd from US 41 to St. Armand’s Circle
- Eastbound John Ringling Blvd from St. Armand’s Circle to Bayfront Drive
- Southbound US 41 and Gulfstream Avenue (Beach traffic will be directed into one lane for Westbound turns)
- Northbound US 41 and Gulfstream Avenue (One lane for beach traffic, second turn lane will be closed. Both Northbound US 41 lanes will remain open)
- Southbound John Ringling Parkway will be detoured around St. Armand’s Circle
Boaters planning to use the 10th Street Boat Ramp on Sunday may wish to use the Ken Thompson Parkway boat launch due to the race traffic.