The Humane Society has compiled a list of things to prepare your pets before a hurricane. It’s a great read we highly recommend. Some of the bullet points:
- ID your pet
- Put together your pet emergency kit.
- Find a safe space in your home ahead of time.
- Plan for your pet in case you’re not home.
This is a suggested checklist for your emergency kit:
- Food supply for 2 weeks
- Carrier or cage
- Current vaccination paperwork
- ID collar and rabies papers
- Manual can opener (not all cans have tabs!)
- Cat litter, scoop, plastic trash bags
- Favorite toy or blanket